Many of our artists are pros and have been on the art festival circuit for years. However, there are always new artists who are joining our Howard Alan Events family. Below, we have some tips on how to make your Art Festival experience the most successful that it can be.
(1) Be Positive: If a customer asks you how your show is going, make sure you let them know you have been successful (even if you haven’t met your usual sale goals). Like how we said in a previous blog post, customers like buying from someone who is successful. [Happy artist = happy customer]
(2) Be Consistent: Usually, your audience of potential customers will likely identify you with a particular subject, a color, a style, a medium, a method of presentation, etc. You shouldn’t have a random style or theme in your work.
(3) Have Your Prices Vary: You may find that some patrons are not ready for that collectible piece, yet. So, offering a piece of artwork that is less expensive or not the original could be your solution. Artwork ranging from very expensive to “not so” expensive will attract a large array of patrons.
(4) Have An Attractive Booth Display: We cannot say this enough! You want your booth to be aesthetically pleasing and have a “gallery-like” feel to it. Your booth display is what will initially attract the customer to your booth. (We have plenty of information about this on our website. Click HERE for information about Booth Display Requirements.)
(5) Interact With Your Customer: You don’t want to swamp your customer when they enter your booth, and you don’t want to ignore them, either. We have written a blog about this in the past. Click HERE to read “Connecting With Customers”.
If you would like to share any of your tips, please comment on this blog! We would love to hear what you have to say!