For as far back as we can remember, art fairs and festivals have widely attended across the country by artists and the like. An art festival is a celebration of both art and artists, and is often used to promote art among the masses. Typically held in an aesthetic setting, such as a waterfront park or a bustling downtown street, an art festival typically features displays of artwork by several artists. Since most all art festivals are open to the public, here are a few reasons to attend these free weekend events.
1. You will get the opportunity to meet the artists who actually create their own work and begin a relationship with them. Traveling to art festivals not only gives you the opportunity to know and see other parts of the country, but it gives you a chance to follow your favorite artists over the years and watch their work evolve.
2. Interact and get to know specific artists and fine crafters from the local area of the show. Learn what specific things they draw inspiration from, regionally.
3. Art fairs give you the opportunity to commission unique pieces of art- allowing a more personalized work. Some artists will even create specific artwork or commemorative pieces for an art festival. For annual art shows, these commemorative pieces are often highly collectible items that are available in limited quantities.
4. Some art festivals will also feature workshops, studio demonstrations and meet-and-greets with artists. Learn techniques and inspirations from some of the worlds best artists.
5. Indulge in the regional cuisine of the area of the show. Local food vendors and merchants often times provide food that is known and respected in the area.
Of course, there are many other things to do and reasons to attend art festivals. Howard Alan Events produces 90 arts and crafts festivals each year. Please see our calendar of events to help you decide how many of our events you would like to attend. We have many patrons who anticipate our shows for months, so we hope to see you there!
Howard Alan Events is proud to be hosting the Las Olas Art Fair for the 25th year! This art fair is ranked as one of the top 100 art festivals in the nation and continues to be one of the most anticipated art events in the area.
For show information, please visit www.artfestival.com
To help celebrate this great show, Howard Alan Events presents:
FORT LAUDERDALE’S 2012 OCTOBER LAS OLAS ART FAIR GIVEAWAY
Celebrating 25 Fabulous Years of Fine Art on Las Olas Boulevard!
Shop, Dine, and Celebrate during the Award-Winning 25th Anniversary Las Olas Art Fair
2 Night Hotel Stay, Dinner for Two, Official Event Posters, and much more!
Register to win at www.sunny.org
Contest Ends October 8th, 2012
The lucky winner will receive:
- Kilwin’s Specialty Basket (Valued at $150.00)
- Two official 25th Anniversary Las Olas Art Fair Posters
- Dinner for 2 at Mango’s Restaurant & Lounge (Valued at $100.00)
- 2- $25.00 Gift Cards to The Cheesecake Factory
- A 60 minute, Swedish, deep tissue or sports massage OR a $90.00 credit toward any regularly priced services including couples massages courtesy of Planet Massage.
- A complimentary weekend stay at the Riverside Hotel with accomodations located in the Executive Tower, with complimentary overnight valet parking for Friday and Saturday evening (October 19th and 20th). Winner will also receive breakfast for 2 on Saturday morning and a Limited Edition, custom-made Riverside Hotel Anniversary Globe.
While you are strolling the 10th Anniversary Alexandria King Street Art Festival this weekend (September 8th & 9th, 2012) be sure to stop by King & Royal and visit Passport Auto. Passport Auto will be presenting Nissan, BMW, Infiniti, Mini, and Toyota on site. This selection of model lineups is the perfect opportunity for visitors to experience the new and exceptional features of each make.
The Alexandria King Street Art Festival is ranked one of the top Art Fairs in the country. More than $15 million in art will be on display and visitors will have the opportunity to meet the artists behind the work and hear first-hand what inspires them. With hundreds of submissions, this show features artists known for quality and originality. All artwork is juried, which provides a higher level of quality, diversity and creativity of art on display, exemplifying the gifted artists in regions from all over the country.
Located on King Street in Alexandria, Virginia, stretching all the way down to the Potomac River. Show hours are Saturday 10am-7pm and Sunday 10am-5pm. Passport Auto is the official automotive sponsor of the 10th Anniversary Alexandria King Street Art Festival.