For as far back as we can remember, art fairs and festivals have widely attended across the country by artists and the like. An art festival is a celebration of both art and artists, and is often used to promote art among the masses. Typically held in an aesthetic setting, such as a waterfront park or a bustling downtown street, an art festival typically features displays of artwork by several artists. Since most all art festivals are open to the public, here are a few reasons to attend these free weekend events.
1. You will get the opportunity to meet the artists who actually create their own work and begin a relationship with them. Traveling to art festivals not only gives you the opportunity to know and see other parts of the country, but it gives you a chance to follow your favorite artists over the years and watch their work evolve.
2. Interact and get to know specific artists and fine crafters from the local area of the show. Learn what specific things they draw inspiration from, regionally.
3. Art fairs give you the opportunity to commission unique pieces of art- allowing a more personalized work. Some artists will even create specific artwork or commemorative pieces for an art festival. For annual art shows, these commemorative pieces are often highly collectible items that are available in limited quantities.
4. Some art festivals will also feature workshops, studio demonstrations and meet-and-greets with artists. Learn techniques and inspirations from some of the worlds best artists.
5. Indulge in the regional cuisine of the area of the show. Local food vendors and merchants often times provide food that is known and respected in the area.
Of course, there are many other things to do and reasons to attend art festivals. Howard Alan Events produces 90 arts and crafts festivals each year. Please see our calendar of events to help you decide how many of our events you would like to attend. We have many patrons who anticipate our shows for months, so we hope to see you there!