For our last blog of the week, we wanted to leave you with these tips for enjoying an outdoor Art or Craft Festival. These tips will be very useful if you plan on going to the 23rd Annual Art Fest by the Sea in Jupiter, Florida or the 15th Annual Lauderdale by the Sea Craft Festival in Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida this weekend.
(1) Juried fine art festivals offer a high caliber of fine art ranging from paintings to pottery to sculpture to photography to jewelry. Artists exhibiting in these shows have often won numerous national and international art awards and exhibit in some of the world’s most prestigious galleries.
(2) Wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
(3) Shows get crowded. To avoid heavy traffic, go early in the day, or late in the afternoon. Saturdays are usually less crowded than Sundays.
(4) Feel free to ask questions. Visiting an art festival is similar to visiting 250 individual art galleries, and you’ll have the chance to meet each artist in person.
(5) Many artists will accept commission work or create a unique painting, sculpture or other art objects just for you!
(6) The main advantage advantage to buying artwork at an art festival is that you are working directly with the artist (with no gallery commissions or overhead fees factored in).
(7) If you see an artist whose work you like, but you don’t have the funds to buy a piece now, ask him or her for a list of upcoming shows. You could also get a business card or brochure. Most artists have them.
We look forward to seeing you at one of our future outdoor art events!
If you have any other questions regarding our Art or Craft Festivals, you can call us at (954) 472-3755 or email email@example.com.